Dear New York City Poker Players,
What is a poker club?
A poker club is an private (underground) card game or poker room.
Is it legal to play?
- Yes, it is 100% legal to play poker in New York City.
- It is legal to play poker at your friends house.
- It is legal to play poker at a poker club.
- Poker players will not be arrested for playing poker.
What is illegal about a poker club?
- It is illegal to run a card room, a poker club, or any gambling den.
- It is a popular belief that poker is not gambling, that poker, is in fact, a game of skill.
- However, until the government changes its view on “poker”, it is still considered a crime.
- Federal Judge says “Poker is NOT GAMBLING“, August 22nd 2012.
- Other Social Poker “legality of poker” blog articles.