Did you know that some really big accomplishments in the poker world have come from the WPTMontreal? The legendary Playground Poker Club was where Mike Sexton got his first WPT win (he’s the defending champion), Rainer Kempe got his first big score in North America (3rd in 2015), Pascal Lefrancois got his biggest career WPT result (2nd in 2012), and Mukul Pahuja went back to back with final tables in 2013 and 2014.
And now its that time again, with the Fall Classic returning to Playground Poker Club October 29 to November 16, where the Playground Poker Championship Belt will be up for grabs in addition to more than $3,300,000 in guaranteed prize pools.
Though the Fall Classic features 16 side events, the Marquee event is the WPT Montreal from November 10th to 16th. It has three starting days and a $2,000,000 Guarantee. Additionally, there are 9 Satellites during the Series, including 3 on November 9th (“Satellite Day”). In total, there are 54 seats guaranteed, plus another 10 seats guaranteed in satellites between Oct. 12th – 26th.
Hotel deals and Flight discounts available here. Most players choose to stay in downtown Montreal where the non-poker action is hopping and there is a huge range of the greatest restaurants and nightclubs in North America. Downtown Montreal is only a 20 minute drive from Playground Poker Club.
Players can also fill out a short survey here for a chance to win a $3,850 WPT Montreal seatfrom among all of the respondents. The drawing will be held on November 3rd.
– $100K GTD kickoff event in which the entire $25 tournament fee will be given as a charitable donation (Strangers in the Night charitable initiative, a local group). Otherwise it’s a normal multi-day tournament at $160 with 4 Day 1s. Big Event Poker at a small buy-in.
– $200K GTD – The $250 Frenzy: another small buy-in event that will play exactly as a large multi-day tournament would.
– $1,100 50/50 Bounty tournament, in which $500 goes to the “normal” prize pool and $500 to a bounty chip for each player.
– Always-popular Seniors’ Tournament: $220 buy-in (restricted to 50+)
– $10,000 + $300 High Roller – 8-Max: 2 day event with a nice structure and unlimited re-entry until the start of Day 2.
– $1,500 + $150 Second Chance event: 2 Day event with a more “traditional” structure than the high roller
This is the sixth WPT in beautiful Montreal, where this event has been hosted every November since 2012. So far, during 5 WPT Montreal Events, the World Poker Tour has awarded over $13,300,000 in total prizes. This is the 10th overall Main Tour Event hosted at Playground Poker Club, who has also hosted two National events (12 in total including this WPT).