After receiving feedback from players, the Asian Poker Tour (APT) has made a few adjustments for the upcoming year that include a new payout formula and replacement of the Player of the Year award in favor of recognizing outstanding players from each tour stop.
The new payout structure will see 1 of every 6 entries finish in the money. The reason for the change is to “make it much easier for players to identify the number of places paid in any given event,” according to APT reps.
The APT Player of the Year (POY) honor has been retired after six seasons. In its stead will be the APT Player of the Series (POS) award. POS winners will receive a watch, a trophy, $500 in cash, and a 5-night stay at the next tour stop.
Also modified for 2018 is the registration period for Main and Championship Events. Players may register until the beginning of Level 10, which allows for entry into Day 2 action.
Below is the preliminary schedule for APT 2018 that includes guaranteed prize pools for the Main Events in Manilaand Macau, as well as other selected tour stops throughout the year. Incidentally, this marks the first time that the APT’s opening series will be held outside of the Philippines.
Asian Poker Tour 2018
- Jan. 19-28 – APT Kickoff Vietnam – Pro Poker Club – Ho Chi Minh City
- March 21 – April 1 – APT Philippines Championships – Resorts World – Manila
- April 25 – May 6 – APT Macau Championships – Babylon Casino – Macau
- June 15-24 – APT Korea Seoul – Paradise Casino Walker Hill – Seoul
- Aug. 10-19 – APT Korea Incheon – Paradise City – Incheon
- Sept. 11-20 – APT Philippines – Resorts World – Manila
- Nov. 28 – Dec. 7 – APT Finale Macau Championships – Babylon Casino – Macau